Sunday, May 4, 2014

3 Ways 1 Blouse #1: Striped Blouse

Hello, everyone! This is the co owner of Versace and Turquoise, Marie! I will try to post at least once every week, or once every 2 weeks! I would like to tell you all a little about myself before getting on to the actual post! Fashion has never really been important to me, until about 3 years ago. I created a blogshop selling second hand clothes at really cheap prices, until I turned 14 and started to dress up a little better. Ever since then, I have loved shopping, blogging about style & fashion and even dreaming about enrolling in a fashion college or being a fashion stylist. I am also very into makeup and beauty. I am 16 this year, so I am taking my national exams (O levels) this year. Most of you might not know about 'O levels' unless the education system in your country adopts the Cambridge International examinations. Anyway, it is an extremely big year for me and studying is already getting immense and stressful. Despite the intense pressure, I will do all that I can to ensure that I keep this blog alive! I do apologise in advance if I go MIA. After O levels, I intend to start a YouTube channel, posting my monthly favourites, hauls and reviews. I hope you enjoy reading my posts! Okay now let's get moving to the actual post!!

Today, I will be doing a writeup on 3 sets I did on my Polyvore page:


If you have seen my Polyvore page, you might have seen the description, which is simply an elaboration on what 3 Ways 1 Blouse is about!
3 Ways 1 Blouse is a new series on my Polyvore page, in which I create 3 different sets, with 1 common blouse, and style it according to Casual ,High Street and Formal. I will then, discuss these sets on the blog that I co own, Versace & Turquoise! 
So that's pretty much the gist of it! Now, let's REALLY discuss these sets.

In the first set, the casual one, I matched the blouse with a pair of denim shorts and classy, black sandals. Since the clean black stripes on the blouse already sets a classy look to this outfit, what we should go for, is simple yet classy. This is also why I have picked out the transparent clutch. It has a very clean and modern look to it. 

For the second (high street) set, the blouse is nicely paired with the boyfriend jeans. Lately, light-washed boyfriend jeans have been the big trend for high street fashion. Rather than being seen as an old style, it is now seen as a modern article of clothing. I personally, absolutely love this trend. Since we are going for a modern outfit, we want to ensure that lots of white, rose gold and black is in the outfit. Recently, modern has been somewhat linked to fresh colours. This is why I threw in a gorgeous gold chain necklace and bangle. The gold chain necklace has also been an in-style this season. Also, if you notice, the bag has all the colours - white, gold and black. As an additional accessory, I added in the sunglasses. I feel that it ties the entire outfit together. I have seen high street outfits like this all over tumblr!

Lastly, in the third (formal) set, I decided to couple the blouse with a maroon pencil skirt. I personally feel that dark colours are the best for formal events, hence the dark coloured skirt. Pumps and clutches are also great ways to dress an outfit up. The black pumps and clutch complement the maroon skirt perfectly, in my opinion. To make the outfit a little more interesting, I threw in a gold faux pearl peter pan collar necklace. 


That's all for this post! I hope you enjoyed reading:) do take note that everything I have used in these sets are below SGD60, mostly below SGD30 so if you are interested, head over to my Polyvore page, where everything I have used in the sets are linked to where you can purchase them! Also, if you are interested in where to find me, I will link all my social media below! Thank you so much for reading:) <3 stay beautiful and keep dreaming!

Love,
Marie❤️

Twitter: @mariequek
Instagram: @mariequek
Polyvore: @mariequek
Fresh Fashion Tumblr: Dreaming In Pumps
Main Fashion blog: Dreaming In Pumps
Personal blog: Marie Quek











No comments:

Post a Comment